Blockchain Transaction Statistics 2011-2020
- By the end of 2020, the countries with the largest number of registered exchanges were the UK (57 exchanges), Singapore (37 exchanges), the US (31 exchanges), and Hong Kong (27 exchanges).
- Mexico (5 exchanges), Argentina (4 exchanges), Indonesia (3 exchanges), and Russia (2 exchanges) have the fewest exchanges registered among the G20 countries.
- Almost 16% of all exchanges surveyed do not have countries of registration, or this information is not publicly available.
- In 2013, 91% of all transactions between exchanges were sent by exchanges from the G20. By the end of 2020, the volume of these transactions decreased to 38%.
- In 2019, the total volume of transactions moved directly between exchanges was $51.6 billion.
- In 2020, the total volume of transactions moved directly between exchanges was almost $91.8 billion, an increase of 78% on 2019.
- 38% of the volume moved between exchanges in 2020 was transferred by G20 countries, while Seychelles transferred about 43% of the total volume of funds in 2020. This volume is majoritively made up of transactions related to Binance and Huobi exchanges.