International Bitcoin Flows Analytics Map from Crystal Blockchain
Select a time period and country below to explore its bitcoin flows:
Last database update: Jul 01, 2020
Summary of Findings:
- By the end of 1H 2020, the countries with the largest number of registered exchanges were the UK (50 exchanges), Hong Kong (27 exchanges), Singapore (26 exchanges), and the US (26 exchanges).
- Mexico (3 exchanges), Argentina (3 exchanges), Russia (2 exchanges), and Indonesia (2 exchanges) have the fewest exchanges registered among the G20 countries.
- Nearly 17% of all exchanges surveyed do not have countries of registration, or this information is not publicly available.
- In 2013, 91% of all bitcoin transferred between exchanges was sent by exchanges from the G20. By 1H 2020 the volume of these transactions decreased to 45% .
- In 1H 2020, the total volume of bitcoin directly transferred between exchanges was $24.5 billion. That’s 48% of the almost $51.6 billion transferred in all of 2019. Thus, far in 1H 2020, the total volume of bitcoin directly transferred between exchanges was almost $33 billion, an increase of 35% from the same period a year ago.
- 45% of the volume moved between exchanges in 2020 was transferred by G20 countries, while Seychelles transferred about 31% of the total volume of bitcoin exchanges in 1H 2020. This volume is majoritively made up of transactions related to Binance and Huobi exchanges.