International Bitcoin Flows Analytics Map from Crystal Blockchain
Select a time period and country below to explore its bitcoin flows:
Last database update: Oct 01, 2020
Summary of Findings
- By the end of Q1 - Q3 2020, the countries with the largest number of registered exchanges were the UK (53 exchanges), Hong Kong (25 exchanges), Singapore (32 exchanges), and the US (29 exchanges).
- Mexico (3 exchanges), Argentina (3 exchanges), Russia (2 exchanges), and Indonesia (2 exchanges) have the fewest exchanges registered among the G20 countries.
- Nearly 16% of all exchanges surveyed do not have countries of registration, or this information is not publicly available.
- In 2013, 91% of all bitcoin transferred between exchanges was sent by exchanges from the G20. By Q1 - Q3 2020 the volume of these transactions decreased to 42% .
- In Q1 - Q3 2019, the total volume of bitcoin directly transferred between exchanges was $40.4 billion. That’s 78% of the almost $51.6 billion transferred in all of 2019.
- Thus, far in Q1 - Q3 2020, the total volume of bitcoin directly transferred between exchanges was almost $59.8 billion, an increase of 48% from the same period a year ago.
- 42% of the volume moved between exchanges in 2020 was transferred by G20 countries, while Seychelles transferred about 41% of the total volume of bitcoin exchanges in Q1 - Q3 2020. This volume is majoritively made up of transactions related to Binance and Huobi exchanges.